Now this is a place I have been wanting to try for quite some time. They have a dedicated Famous Parmy menu featuring *9 different Parmi's! Not cheap at $25 each I had high expectations for what was to come.
*Note - The Paddo currently has a 'Vego Parmy', with grilled eggplant in place of a crumbed chicken breast. All feelings aside we do not consider this to be a 'true Parmi', and for this reason it has been discounted from the list....Sorry vego's.
Straight from their menu we have:
- Original Paddo Parmy - Leg ham, tomato salsa and cheese
- Old School Parmy - Bechamel sauce, tomato salsa and cheese
- Pedro Parmy - Refried beans, guacamole, corn chips, tomato salsa, jalapenos and cheese
- Hawaii 5.0 - Leg ham, tomato salsa, pineapple and cheese
- Healthy Parmy - Avocado, fresh diced tomato and extra virgin olive oil
- The Breakfast Parmy - Bacon, home made baked beans, a fried egg and melted cheese
- The bolognese Parmy - Traditional Parmi set on a bed of linguini and bolognese sauce
- The Pig and Prawn Parmy - Crisy chorizo, slices of salami, garlic fried prawns, topped with touch of mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- The Greek Parmy - Baby spinach, fetta cheese blend, roast pumpkin, olives and parmesan cheese.
Review: For our review I've gone with the "Old School Parmy" Now dropping $25 for a Parmi is a fair amount, so there is already some pretty big expectations of what it should be like. For the price paid, and the huge size of the plate I was expecting big things of the chicken...but in those very few cases where size doesn't matter; this is one of them...WOW! What an amazing tasting Parmi! The mixture of sauce and cheese explodes with flavour with every bite.
The chicken was soft and juicy with the crumbed coating not over cooked. It is of a reasonable thickness aswell which helps keep it nice and tender the whole way through.
The big eye catcher of this Parmi though is the sauce and cheese; just look at that melted cheese! It is refreshing to see a cheese getting so melted ontop of a Parmi that it can drool off the side onto your plate.
The side salad was fresh, however not garnished, but is a perfect portion size to eat with the Parmi. Chips here are pretty standard and maybe a bit on the overdone side. Both the chips and salad do feel like the additions and the Parmi really does stand out.
Rating - 8/10: This is a quality tasting Parmi. I love having so much cheese and sauce on top to really enjoy every bit of the tender chicken. Marks are lost here however for the chicken size to cost ratio, for what you pay it is pretty small. The venue has a great fit out and a very relaxing feeling to it though, and is also the perfect venue for a Parmi and a beer before any footy game at Suncorp Stadium.
*Note - Pop in on Wednesday night, Parmi's are only $15. Get yourself a table of friends and you even try you hand at Trivia for $1.